Spinach and cheese Quiche – this recipe so delicious and rich! Good for special occasions, parties and birth days. Instad of gruyere cheese you can use any kind of cheese like, such as cheddar.
More Delicious Recipes:
Crispy Fried Eggplant:
Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
For the crust:
2¼ cups (280g) flour
3/4 cup (170g) cold butter, cubed
1 teaspoon salt
4-6 tablespoons cold water
For the filing:
14 oz (400g) fresh spinach
1 yellow onion
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
7 oz (200g) gruyere cheese
3oz (90g) blue cheese such as gorgonzola
1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Butter + olive oil for frying
1. In a food processor process flour, salt and cold cubed butter. process until crumps are formed. Add cold water, process until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
2. Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make the filling: chop onions. In a large pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and some olive oil. Add chopped onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add crushed garlic and spinach. Cook until wilted and reduced in size. Drain.
4. In a large bowl beat eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper and nut meg. Set aside.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board. Lightly dust the top of the dough. Roll until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the dough to a 9-10-inch (24-25cm) pie pan. evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of your pan. Trim off the excess dough off the top of the pan. Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork. Transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
7. Blind baking: line a parchment paper over the dough. Fill with dry beans, rice or pie weights. Bake for 15 min. Remove the weights and the parchment paper. Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes or until crust is slightly golden. Remove from oven.
8. Sprinkle the spinach into the pie crust, sprinkle shredded gruyere cheese and cubed blue cheese. Pour the eggs and cream mixture over the spinach and cheese.
9. Bake until golden brown and set, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Nonstick 9-Inch Tart Pan with Removable Loose Bottom:
Canon EOS 80D:
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 Lens:
*some links provided above are affiliate links