Get the full recipe from delish:
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 c. beer
1 c. milk
2 c. shredded Cheddar
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. elbow macaroni, prepared according to box
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 c. panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. chopped chives, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9”x13” baking dish.
2. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly add beer and milk to flour mixture, stirring constantly. Continue whisking over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until fully melted. Season with paprika, salt and pepper and fold in prepared macaroni noodles and crumbled bacon. Pour into prepared serving vessel.
4. In a small bowl, combine Panko with olive oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the mac & cheese. Bake until bubbly and golden, 25-30 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with chives and serve.
SUBSCRIBE to delish:
FOLLOW for more #DELISH!