How to Make Perfect Blueberry Pie | The Stay At Home Chef
__________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ ______________
The Perfect Blueberry Pie recipe uses a homemade pie crust and fresh blueberries. You’ll love this classic pie recipe!
How do you make blueberry pie filling with frozen blueberries?
If you want to use frozen blueberries to make blueberry pie, thaw and rinse the blueberries, drain well, and pat them dry. Frozen berries have excess liquid due to the freezing process and you just need to make sure to get rid of that before proceeding to use in a blueberry pie recipe.
Why do people put vodka in pie crust?
Vodka is used in pie crust as it does not contribute to the formation of gluten. This creates a pie dough that is easy to roll out and re-roll if needed and still turn out perfectly soft and flaky. The alcohol quickly burns off during the baking process so there is no alcohol flavor left once the pie crust is done baking. Equal parts vodka to chilled water create the best result.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose-flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons cold butter, sliced
8 tablespoons vegetable shortening, chilled and sliced
1/4 cup ice water
1/4 cup vodka, chilled
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Make the dough in a food processor by combining half of the flour, sugar, and salt together and pulsing until combined. Add in the butter and shortening pieces and process for about 15 to 20 seconds until combined. Add in the remaining half of the flour and pulse until all the flour is incorporated. Sprinkle in cold water and vodka and pulse 5 or 6 times until combined into a dough. Divide into two even pieces and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together blueberries and 1 cup sugar. Let sit 1 hour. Drain any excess liquid from the blueberries. Toss with cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Roll out your bottom crust into a 12-inch circle. Make sure you use a well floured surface and rolling pin to prevent sticking. Roll the circular dough loosely around the rolling pin to transfer to a 9-inch pie dish (deep dish). Be gentle and press it carefully into the plate letting the edges hang over. Refrigerate until ready to use.
5. Prepare your lattice crust by rolling the remaining dough half into a 13 by 10 inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut into 8 even strips. Chill if needed.
6. Place the prepared pie plate on a baking sheet (in case of spillage). Scoop the blueberry filling into the pie shell. Lay 4 of the lattice strips on top of the blueberries, giving even spacing between. Weave the remaining lattice pieces perpendicular, lifting every other piece to create a lattice. Trim the excess dough that is hanging around the pie plate with kitchen scissors or a sharp knife. Pinch the lattice and crust edges together and then crimp the dough evenly around the pie using your fingers.
7. Brush the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and cook 30 to 35 minutes more until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling and set. Transfer pie dish to a wire rack to cool.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
SUBSCRIBE to my channel:
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!
MORE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY:
How to Make The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake:
How to Make The Most Amazing White Cake:
How to Make The Most Amazing Lasagna:
How to Make The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls:
How to Make Authentic Carne Asada:
How to Cook a Thick Cut Pork Chop: