Savory meat pie made with deliciously seasoned ground beef and poured into a buttery pie crust, baked to perfection. Kids love it!
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick cold butter, cubed in small pieces
2-3 tablespoons ice water
1. Place flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a food processor, and mix with a spoon.
2. Add the butter and pulse several times until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Turn the processor on, and very slowly pour the ice water through the top until a dough ball forms.
4. Cut the dough into two even pieces, wrap with saran wrap, and freeze for 30 minutes, or refrigerate for several hours.
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 large onion, diced
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
1 teaspoon parsley
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then add olive oil and ground beef.
2. Cook the meat for several minutes, then add the onions, and mix well.
3. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, then add remaining ingredients mixing well.
4. Allow flavors to blend for a few minutes, then remove from heat.
5. On a floured surface roll out one of the dough balls to fit into a sprayed pie dish.
6. Pour the meat filling inside the dough.
7. Roll out the other dough ball, and place on top of the meat, fluting the edges.
8. Bake at 400* for 30-40 minutes, until very golden.