Grandma’s Sweet Potato Pie – Thanksgivng Dinner: The Gathering Table (Cooking Series)
I absolutely love to eat sweet potato pie during the Holiday Season. There is nothing like my Grandma’s Sweet Potato Pie and today, I am here to share with you exactly how to make it. With the perfect amount of cinnamon and not too sweet, you will find yourself sneaking in the kitchen to get just one more slice. I hope you enjoy this tutorial and have a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving!
Subscribe, Like and Comment for more videos like this:
Grandma’s Sweet Potato Pie
5-6 medium sized sweet potatoes
3 pie crust or 2 pie crust and a set of 8 mini tart crust
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 can of evaporated milk
1 stick of softened butter
1 tablespoon of lemon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Scrub sweet potatoes under running water with a vegetable brush to clean them. Dry sweet potatoes with a paper towel and wrap them individually with foil. Place on cookie sheet and place in preheated oven to cook for 45 minutes. Check the softness of the potatoes by pricking them with a fork. When they are cooked properly, the fork will easily slide in and out. Remove potatoes from oven let cool and then remove from foil.
3. Take cooled sweet potatoes and create a shallow cut with a butter knife. Using the slit as a starting point slide skin from the meat of the potato and discard skin. Place peeled sweet potatoes in mixing bowl. Repeat steps for all your sweet potatoes.
4. Mash sweet potatoes with a fork of potato masher until smooth.
5. Add white and brown sugar and mix with hand mixer.
6. Add milk and mix with hand mixer
7. Add eggs and mix with hand mixer.
8. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg and blend with hand mixer.
9. Preparing crust: For mini crust, place crust on a cookie sheet and prick crust with fork – fill with pie filling. For regular size crust, prick with fork, fill with pie filling, and wrap crust with foil.
10. Place pies in preheated oven and cook for 20 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
11. Let cool and serve.
Let’s Connect – Follow me on my social media! @ElleNaturelles
Rainbows Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License