If you have some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, this is a perfect recipe to try. –
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 small can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 can French style green beans, drained
1 package long grain wild rice
3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 package preformed pie crust
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare the rice according to package instructions and set aside.
3. Sautee onions, peppers, and mushrooms in oil and set aside.
4. Combine all ingredients except 1 cup of cheese and pie crust, into large bowl and mix well.
5. Pour into greased 9-inch glass pie plate. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and set aside.
6. Roll out pie crust, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips and cover dish in lattice design, then brush dough lightly with egg.
7. Place in 350°F oven for 30 minutes, when top is golden brown, remove, let cool, and enjoy.
This dish is an excellent way to use holiday turkey leftovers, plus it freezes well.