In today’s episode of What’s Cooking with Paula Deen, Michael joins Paula and they discuss a one pot dish they both enjoyed. It is a chuck roast served with corn bread and then later what they are enjoying for dinner tonight. Later in the episode Paula talks about how to make lace hoe cakes
4-6 lb. Chuck Roast
1 TSP Salt
1 TSP Pepper
1 TSP Garlic Powder
1 package brown demi glaze
1 envelope Ranch dressing
1 stick of butter
1 Jar pepperoncini peppers
1. Rub meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Sear off the meat in multi cooker
3. Pour in demi glaze and ranch dressing over the roast
4. Put stick of butter on top of roast
5. Add one dozen peppers on top of roast.
6. Put lid on slow cooker and cook for 6 hours.
7. Once roast is cooked, bring sauce to a boil. Add corn starch to thicken gravy