Sweet DARK CHERRY PIE…a seasonal fruit pie without the pie pan!! DARK CHERRIES are at peak season until August!! A perfect treat using sweet seasonal fruit!! Deronda demonstrates how to make this scrumptious dessert!! Recipe below by clicking on SHOW MORE..
Home PIE CRUST video link…
No Pie Pan BAKED CHERRY PIE
4 cups SWEET DARK CHERRIES, pitted & steams removed
1/2 – 3/4 cups sugar, adjust sugar according to sweetness of cherries.
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
Juice of half a lemon (about 2-3 teaspoons)
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter, cubed & chilled
1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
1 tablespoon large granulated sugar, optional
1 single sheet of pie dough
1. Add cherries to a large bowl. Toss with lemon juice, almond & vanilla extract.
2. Add sugar, corn starch, and salt to small bowl. Whisk until well blended. Pour over cherries. Toss. Set aside!!
3. Add single sheet of pie dough to a large (sided) baking pan, or cookie sheet.
4. Add tossed cherries to the center of dough. Avoiding much of the liquid.
5. Pull dough up around the cherry filling. Pinch dough together to secure a bounder around cherry filling. Add chilled cubed butter on top of cherries.
6. Brush edges of dough with cream. Sprinkle with large granulated sugar and/or sliced almonds, optional.
7. Bake in a 400 degrees preheated oven for the first 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees (without opening oven door) and bake for an additional 30 – 40 minutes, or until crust is golden and cherry filling is bubbly.
8. Cool for 2 – 3 hours before serving.
TIPS: Serve with fresh whipped cream, ice cream, or a chocolate drizzle!!
~~~ENJOY your No Pie Pan BAKED CHERRY PIE~~~
JOIN ME ON…
Deronda’s channel offers many different foods that are easy and simple to make, yet delicious to eat…Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts, Snacks, Breads, Tips, and much more from start to finish!! An inspirational channel for the CHEF in all of us.
Made with LOVE 🙂
Music by…Kevin MacLeon (